- This event has passed.
Forced Labour Happens in Canada: precarious migrants call for justice and protection
June 10, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Public event – Forced labour happens in Canada: precarious migrants call for justice and protection
Members of the media are invited to a public education event showing what human trafficking looks like in Canada and what the solutions are. Forced labour happens in Canada but existing government programs and policies fail to protect precarious status migrants who are those most likely to be in situations of labour trafficking. The current pandemic crisis only amplifies their precarity.
Front-line workers and advocates will speak to the realities on the ground and the changes needed in order to protect exploited non-status migrants.
- Shelley Gilbert, Legal Assistance of Windsor, Co-Chair, CCR Anti-Trafficking Committee
- Sue Wilson, Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (London)
- Natalie Drolet, Migrant Workers Centre (Vancouver)
- Leah Woolner, Mouvement contre le viol et l’inceste (Montreal)
- Migrant workers with lived experience : ‘Maria’, Rico Angustia
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar