- This event has passed.
What You Need to Know About Domestic Sex Trafficking: Youth Workshop
7 April @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
About this Event
Victim Services of Durham Region knows that education, empowerment, and knowledge are the biggest defence against Human Trafficking.
Our programs empower youth with psycho-education through interactive workshops on human trafficking. Our workshops help youth understand how to recognize early red flags, nuances of consent, healthy relationships, etc. to prevent youth from being trafficked.
In this 2 hour long workshop, we will:
- understand how domestic human trafficking occurs in Ontario
- learn how youth can be recruited and lured
- learn how COVID-19 has increased youth vulnerability
- understand what makes a person vulnerable
- learn how to identify if your or your friend is being trafficked
- understand online safety
- knowledge on sexting and photo exploitation
- hear from a survivor
- identify health relationships
- learn about consent
- identify safe adults & supports
The final 15 minutes of the event will be saved for questions.
This event is free of cost and geared towards youth in Durham Region. If you would like to donate to VSDR to work towards the eradication of human trafficking in Durham Region, please see the link below. The suggested donation amount is $5-20 CAD, which will go towards supporting survivors of human trafficking. Please donate here: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/16411
This is an online Zoom event. To download Zoom, please visit: https://zoom.us/download. To test your Zoom account, please visit: https://zoom.us/test
If you have any accessibility needs, please email email@example.com
We always post new events on our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), follow us for the most up to date events and information: @vsdurhamregion
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar