- This event has passed.
Domestic Sex Trafficking of Youth During COVID-19: Parents & Prevention
14 April @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
About this Event
Victim Services of Durham Region knows that caregivers’ attention, love, and awareness is the biggest defence against Human Trafficking.
Our programs empower caregivers with psycho-education through interactive workshops on human trafficking. Our workshops help you understand how to recognize risk factors and early red flags, to prevent youth from being trafficked.
In this hour and a half long seminar, we will:
- understand how human trafficking occurs in Durham region
- learn how your youth can be recruited & lured
- learn how COVID-19 has increased youth vulnerability
- understand what makes your youth vulnerable
- learn how to identify if your youth is being trafficked
- understand what is online safety & how to implement
- learn how to speak to your youth about this topic
- hear from a survivor
- hear from the parent of a survivor
The final 30 minutes of the event will be saved for questions.
This event is free of cost and geared towards parents and caregivers in Durham Region. If you would like to donate to VSDR to work towards the eradication of human trafficking in Durham Region, please see the link below. The suggested donation amount is $5-20 CAD, which will go towards supporting survivors of human trafficking. Please donate here: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/16411
This is an online Zoom event. To download Zoom, please visit: https://zoom.us/download. To test your Zoom account, please visit: https://zoom.us/test
If you have any accessibility needs, please email email@example.com
We always post new events on our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), follow us for the most up to date events and information: @vsdurhamregion
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar